Did you miss Small Business Saturday on November 30th? It’s okay . . . there’s still time to support local small businesses this holiday season.
Why Shop Local?
By spending your money at locally owned, independent businesses, you are essentially investing in your community. This investment has so many benefits, including:
- Strengthening the economy – Experts suggest that for every dollar you spend, local shop owners reinvest 3x more in the community than chain retailers do—and a staggering 50x more than massive online retailers such as Amazon.
- Shaping your community’s character – When residents support local businesses, more businesses are incentivized to start up. From restaurants to retail, this dynamic results in a vibrantly eclectic economy, delivering more choices and helping shape a community’s vibe.
- Building community – Business owners are proud to know the people they serve. Knowing customers by face and name encourages better customer service and fosters greater connections.
- Bolstering healthier residents – Locally owned shops are typically located closer and occupy smaller buildings than their big-chain counterparts, which is great for customers—this translates to less time commuting and an overall reduction in the environmental impact on the community.
Here are a few hotspots to get you headed in the right direction:
- The Barn Antiques and Specialty Shops – located in historic downtown
- The Emporium – eclectic selection of home decor
- The Smells Good Store – online vendor based in Larkspur
- Everything Alpaca – the name says it all
- Wrought’n Apples Boutique and Gifts – just north of Mainstreet on Parker Road
- Multi-vendor Parker Country Market – items for inside and outside the home
- Paper Candy Art – wildly popular Etsy shop for craft supplies
- Cinderella Ranch Boutique – women’s clothing
But don’t limit your spending to shopping for goods only. There are tons of creative ways to spend locally this season. Dine out to support local restaurateurs. Establish a gym membership for the new year. Visit a yoga studio or kid’s fun center. And don’t forget about gift certificates or event tickets. Whatever you do, make your best effort to keep your dollars local—it’s a win-win for all.
With its prime location nestled in the rolling hills between Castle Rock and Parker, Colorado, residents of the master-planned Pradera community enjoy easy access to fantastic locally owned shops and restaurants. Visit us today and check out our move-in ready luxury homes. Life is sweeter in Pradera.