Coloradans are all about living an elevated lifestyle. With its unique location between Parker and Castle Rock in prestigious Douglas County, Pradera is a prime spot for families that want it all. Residents here enjoy countless opportunities for culture, recreation, shopping, and dining. Another perk of living in this area is the convenient access to a local treasure: Douglas County Libraries.
The notion that libraries are merely quiet places with little more than shelves of books doesn’t hold up in our 21st-century world. Today’s libraries buzz with activities, programs, and learning opportunities for all ages. Douglas County Libraries is a leader in the industry, always pushing the bounds of what it can provide its customers.
A Spotlight on Douglas County Libraries
Douglas County Libraries’ guiding vision is to “elevate our community by inspiring a love of reading, discovery and connection.” The award-winning library network has seven branches, each with its own vibe. Residents at Pradera are fortunate to be located equidistant to two fabulous branches: Parker and Philip S. Miller (Castle Rock).
The impressive, bright library building on Mainstreet in Parker boasts a modern vibe. Home to The Recording Studio, this multilevel, Nextdoor Neighborhood Favorite offers customers state-of-the-art software and equipment to help them realize their dreams of creating videos, music compositions, animations, e-books, and more.
Castle Rock Library
Another Nextdoor Neighborhood Favorite is the Philip S. Miller branch on Wilcox Street in Castle Rock. The extensive selection of materials (books, magazines, movies), designated children’s area, and meeting rooms keep this branch a resident favorite. This branch is also home to the DCL Archives & Local History section, which boasts a wealth of resources for those completing historical and genealogical projects. In May 2022, Douglas County Libraries will celebrate the groundbreaking for its newest building, in Castle Rock.
Programming for the whole family
Looking for something to do to connect in your community and expand your knowledge? Check out DCL! Here’s a sampling of the programming you’ll find at each branch:
- Storytime for the little ones
- Homework help and clubs for the school-aged kiddos
- Volunteer opportunities for teens
- Book clubs, adult education classes, and author events for lifelong learners
Douglas County Libraries offers so much more than books (and DVDs, music, and magazines). Customers can also enjoy these perks:
- AllTrails Pro access: get out and enjoy Colorado’s extensive outdoor recreation
- State Park backpack: discover Colorado’s awe-inspiring state parks with a free admission pass; the backpack’s complimentary maps and binoculars aid your adventures
- Noteworthy miscellaneous items: get crafty with a sewing machine, indulge in the virtual reality experience with an Oculus Quest, identify minuscule creatures on a microscope, and more
- Adventure Pass: widen your cultural horizons at local institutions such as museums, Dinosaur Ridge, and the Butterfly Pavilion, just to name a few
- Tech access: be a lifelong learner with access to LinkedIn Learning, make something unique with Creativebug, or learn a new language with Mango
A library is an understated hero of a community, offering a hub of services and resources that benefit all members of the community. Residents at Pradera benefit from Douglas County Libraries in so many ways. How would your family benefit from this local gem?
Starting a new chapter? Live a well-rounded, authentic Colorado lifestyle at Pradera, Douglas County’s premier master-planned community. With world-class amenities, a convenient location, and year-round recreation opportunities—not to mention stunning luxury home designs, life is better at Pradera. Contact us today to find the home of your dreams.