With Christmas and winter fast approaching, now is the time to tackle some tasks around your home to make your holiday season easy, less stressful, and more fun. Take a weekend day and accomplish some of these chores to get your home ready for holiday guests and gatherings:
Easy Ways to Prepare Your Home
- Clear Your Coat Closet. Clear out your entry or mud room closet so that it is ready for your guest’s coats.
- Decorate. Take advantage of a sunny day (and a roof without snow and ice) and hang your holiday lights and decorations.
- Prepare a Guest Room. Make sure your guest room bed has clean sheets, that fresh towels are available, and that guest areas are vacuumed and dusted.
- Set up a Gift Wrapping Station. Stock up on boxes, wrapping paper, ribbons, and tape and store everything near a work surface. Having all of your supplies ready to go will help prevent you from putting off wrapping until the last minute.
- Simplify. Remember, this time of year is supposed to be relaxing and enjoyable. Focus on a few events and activities that are meaningful to you and don’t over-book your schedule.
We hope these ideas will help you make the most of your holiday season!