Summer is here, and you know what that means . . . it’s time for adventure! Every day is a good day to get outside with family, friends, or four-legged companions. If you’re searching for a new place to hang with Fido, check out the following list of pet-friendly spots just a short drive from conveniently located Pradera
Douglas County is home to a variety of places to play with your pup in the great outdoors. Here is a sampling of options:
- Bayou Gulch Regional Park (4815 Fox Sparrow Road, Parker) – Looking for a fenced-in space for your dog to socialize and expend loads of energy? This 205-acre park, just east of Pradera near Ponderosa High School, is home to a well-visited dog park loved by canines and owners alike.
- Fairgrounds Regional Park (500 Fairgrounds Road, Castle Rock) – Nestled in the eastern corner of this bustling 37-acre park is an off-leash area that’s open from sunrise to sunset.
- Glendale Farm Open Space Trail & Dog Park (12300 S. Havana Street, Castle Rock) – This fun 1.6-mile loop will leave you and your dog with a sense of accomplishment for exercise well done. Although a leash is required on the trail, the designated off-leash dog park provides varied terrain that your dog is sure to enjoy.
- Greenland Open Space and Trail and Dog Park (1532 Noe Road, Larkspur) – New sights and smells await at this unique spot southwest of Pradera. Take your pup for a (leashed) run on the 11-mile trail system that ebbs and flows with the terrain, or let Spot run wild in Devon’s Dog Park off-leash area.
- USMC CPL David M. Sonka Dog Park (17855 Pine Lane, Parker) –
This nearly 5-acre off-leash zone boasts a separate small dog area, agility course, and doggie drinking fountains. Located south of E-470 along Cherry Creek Trail, this dog park is open from dawn until dusk.
Shopping & Dining
In Colorado, we value our furry friends and love to take them along everywhere we go. Here are some pet-friendly shops and restaurants that welcome you and your pup for a day or night out on the town:
- Downhill Brewing (18921 Plaza Drive, Unit 104, Parker) – Mouthwatering pizza, refreshing craft beer, and a spacious fenced-in patio for your dog to play is what you’ll find at this establishment, whose owners have committed to making this a pet-friendly place.
- Hideaway Bar & Grill (600 Jerry Street, Castle Rock) – Starters, salad, seafood, and southern peach tea . . . enjoy this and more on the family friendly, Fido-friendly patio at this Castle Rock mainstay.
- Swirls & Dough Dreamery (Mainstreet, Parker) – Whether you prefer decadent cookie dough or flavorful Froyo, grab a spoon and have a seat outside these sweet shops on Parker’s quaint Mainstreet, where dogs are always welcome.
- Outlets at Castle Rock (5050 Factory Shops Boulevard, Castle Rock) – Here you can stroll the wide outdoor avenues and snag some great deals—this is a fresh-air shopping adventure your dog is sure to enjoy.
Opportunities for pet-friendly outings are plentiful near Pradera. Check out this handy map for more ideas. Have fun!
Conveniently located between Castle Rock and Parker, Pradera is Douglas County’s premier master-planned luxury community. Ready to experience the best lifestyle Colorado has to offer, for you and your furry friend? Visit us today to find the home of your dreams.