Doesn’t it feel like we just said good-bye to summer? Alas, the leaves have fallen, snow has graced the ground, and the ghosts and goblins are stowed for next year’s festivities. Turkey time is fast approaching, so it’s time to get ready for the two Fs of November: feasting and football.
Are you adding “host/hostess” to your title this Thanksgiving? Celebrate this season of thankfulness with an exquisitely set table sure to wow your dinner guests. Here are some ideas to dazzle your Thanksgiving dinner table:
- Centerpieces – For a traditional look, floral bouquets steal the show on any holiday table. Their beauty and variety in color make them a popular, versatile choice. Consider also timeless eucalyptus or natural items from the outdoors such as reeds, wheat, or a short branch of scrub oak or pine. Mini pumpkins of assorted sizes and colors make an especially thematic choice. Experiment with painting them for a unique display.
- Place cards – Help your guests find their seats with personalized place cards. For a formal look, calligraphy is a must. For a more rustic vibe, print and cut personalized leaves or use simple wood-burned oak slices. Accentuate clean lines with a sprig of rosemary and simple all-caps font, or glam it up with gilded corn cobs.
- Table runners – From patterns of leaves and pumpkins to timeless plaid, a table runner subtly accents a table’s overall theme. For a rustic touch, consider a runner of twigs or jute.
- Flatware – Stow the everyday casual and instead present flatware with flair. Decorative pieces add a quality of pomp that is perfect for special occasions. Gold pieces in particular—always impressive—offer an air of sophistication to the table.
- Placemats – If you choose to use placemats, indulge your imagination and go beyond the ordinary with creative alternatives such as rustic chic wood slivers, or elevate kraft paper from simple to beautiful with paint markers.
- Napkin rings – From decorative metal and natural wood to jute and burlap, unleash your creative side and be ready to hear the compliments roll in about your clever, beautiful napkin rings.
- Candles – An exquisitely dressed table just isn’t complete without candlelight. Stately tapers, soft votives, or chunky white candles atop branches of varying sizes and heights—you can’t go wrong with whatever you choose.
Whether your style is rustic or ornate, traditional or modern, have fun decorating your Thanksgiving table for your guests. They will appreciate your efforts. And don’t forget—as the busy holiday season approaches, take the time to be thankful for all the blessings, big and small, in your life.
Pradera is Colorado’s premier master-planned community of luxury homes. Situated among the rolling hills between Castle Rock and Parker, residents enjoy big-city amenities with a small-town feel. Spacious floor plans, brought to you by renowned Celebrity Custom Homes, are ideal for hosting and entertaining. Visit us today and elevate your lifestyle to the next level.