Does your home sparkle? In the current climate, having a clean home is more important than ever before. With families spending more time at home, and with the need to keep germs at bay at an ultimate high, maintaining a clean environment is imperative. But how does one get it all done? A schedule helps keep whole-house cleaning a manageable endeavor.
Make a Plan
Having a plan of action is key to keeping your home squeaky clean and in tip-top shape. Check out this handy schedule to ensure your home sparkles year-round:
Create a routine of performing these tasks daily for an instant boost to your home’s cleanliness.
- Make the bed
- Clean the coffee maker
- Keep up on dishes
- Wipe surfaces (kitchen counters, tabletops, and bathrooms)
- Wash laundry, as needed (and put it away!)
Tip: When possible, pair cleaning tasks with habitual activities—for example, make the bed after brushing your teeth every morning; before long, these chores will become daily habits.
What’s your cleaning style? Whether you assign one task to each day or perform a whirlwind of weekly cleaning tasks in a single day, housecleaning is a breeze when done regularly.
- Vacuum the floors
- Mop the hotspots (kitchen and bathrooms)
- Take inventory in the fridge: pitch expired foods
- Set glass to sparkling (mirrors and windows)
- Get down and dirty in the bathroom: scrub the tub and toilet
Tip: Store cleaning supplies where they’ll be used and eliminate the extra step of collecting them.
Consistency is key to keeping up on home cleanliness; stick with a system that works for you to maintain your home.
- Swap out bedding
- Wipe down kitchen appliances, inside and out (oven, refrigerator, and microwave)
- Dust (light fixtures, fan blades, and blinds)
- Clear drains and disposal
- Assess freezer inhabitants: pitch expired food; pull ingredients and build a menu from items you have on hand
Tip: Add “monthly maintenance chores” to your calendar. Pick a day that works for you (for example, the 15th of the month or the 2nd Saturday of the month), accomplish all the tasks in one fell swoop, and then take a 30-day break until next month.
Save money and keep your home running smoothly with these yearly tasks.
- Empty the gutters
- Deep-clean rugs and carpets
- Inspect the furnace
- Wash the exterior windows
Tip: Service providers book up early. Plan ahead and schedule appointments in advance of their respective busy seasons.
Nestled along the rolling hills of Douglas County, Pradera is the area’s premier master-planned luxury community. Residents enjoy rounds of golf on the community’s private golf course, play with their kids and grandchildren in expansive outdoor living spaces, and watch the sunset blaze across the wide-open vistas. With spacious, brand-new homes from award-winning builder Celebrity Custom Homes, life is better in Pradera. Contact us today and begin your journey toward luxurious living.